7 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Is the Ring of Power
1) You randomly worry that you don't have it, check your pocket, your heart rate quickens, you check your other pocket, find it, and then slowly calm back down again
2) Your phone is powerful and magical. 10 years ago, if you told someone all the things your phone would do, they would have thought of it as magic. Your phone also gives you the power to do everything you would need to do to run a Fortune 500 company for weeks from thousands of miles away.
3) You think sometimes of getting rid of your phone, but every time you get ready to throw it away, you step back from the edge and change your mind
|"I can't believe I was thinking of getting rid of this thing!"|
|"It's mine. My own. My precious"|
6) Your phone gives you the impression that you have great power and are in control (see number 2 above) but it actually ultimately gives much more power to "the great eye" (i.e. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung) who, as everyone knows, is storing and cataloging and quantifying every move we make and every single act we perform with our phones, handing over to such corporations an ability to "dominate all life"
7) When you use your phone, you disappear to all those around you and are instantly transported to something that is like reality, but is a warped and clouded version of it
|"It's like living in reality, only different"|