What we will try to do everyday is give you a look forward to what we are doing today so you can pray for us in advance, as well as give you a recap of the previous day with pictures and praise!
TODAY: more orientation, evangelism training, siesta, watching & praying through the opening ceremonies.
RECAP: Here is a quick recap of last night with a few names to pray for.
After a day of teaching, praying, crying and singing:
We headed out to do evangelism!
We arrived at the "platea" called "Agios Peraskevie":
Then we went our in our buddies (Melanie & Veronica, Linda & Channa, Paul & Len, Danielle & Hayley) to give out our Olympic info packs which included a "guide to the games", evangelistic CD and greek bible!
Greeks love to chat, so we had many conversations, here are just a few:
- Paul & Len talked to Giorgios & friend, Yiannis & Niko, Older couple, 2 older greek men who spoke really good english,which he nicknamed "kings of the platea" because they just walked around spinning their Komboloi for like 2 hours as if they owned the place :)
- Danielly & Hayley spoke to a pregnant lady "Periskevie" and her husband Chris, who's father is orthodox, but mother is evangelical.
- Shawn talked to Alexious
- Linda & Channa spoke to John
- Sylas also drew a huge crowd
- Melanie & Veronica talked to many people
Hopefully everyone will post about their experiences a little later today.
Well, that's all for now, thank you again for your faithfulness in prayer! The battle is just beginning!